Thursday, December 30

another girl in the house

I have never made a doll before.
Having three boys there is no real pressing need. But, since I borrowed the sewing machine I have wanted to make a doll for some reason.

I had a ton of work to do yesterday and told my impulsive side that I would reward myself with some fun sewing time if I finished my “To Do List” first. I worked hard with the goal in the back of my mind: ….work and then play…..first things first…..I think I can, I think I can! I kept my focus all the way up to 10:30 p.m. and then sat down to p l a y !

I had the idea in my head that it would be pretty quick, so I pulled out some scrap material: brown felt, a white tee shirt, a pretty pillow case, pink thread and cotton stuffing.
How hard could it be?
Well, let’s just say Elizabeth and I were up into the wee hours of the night. I ran into a couple creative obstacles, but it really was fun.

Here she is; Elizabeth.



In the morning, I introduced Elizabeth to the boys. My middle son was surprised that I made her in one night and my youngest, well, my youngest is in love! He played with Elizabeth most of the day. I told the boys she was named after my Aunt Beth in Colorado. I don’t get to see my aunt that much but she has a special place in my heart.

I love you Aunt Beth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave a word or two. I would love to hear from ya!