Wednesday, December 8

the 8th


December 8th

Make Snickerdoodles and save some for relatives!

****

Here are the cranberry oatmeal cookies.

I wish you could have one!

They taste so good!




When baking with children, I try to make it easy on myself and make recipes that are simple, tasty and tested. I do not have the time or money to race around and find eleven rare ingredients and spend hours laboring over a cookie. The goal in baking with children is for them to learn how to follow directions, instill patience, develop language and simple math skills, spend quality time together, learn responsibility and gain a sense of accomplishment.

If you are stressing about reading a long, detailed recipe, end up snapping at the children and eventually send them out of the kitchen so you can finish, you have lost a learning opportunity. Save the complicated recipes for when the kids get a bit older and you both have developed more patience and you care less about what the kitchen looks like.

It will most likely get messy and your children will too.

Just relax and have fun.

We listened to 'The Sound of Music’ sound track and sang away while we baked!

~~~

So, that being said, I literally, lifted the lid off of a Quaker Oats (Old Fashioned) container and followed their recipe on the back of the lid. I did decide to substituted cranberries for the raisins. The kids did great and the cookies turned out delicious!

My husband raved over the cookies.
After he ate five of them, I had to hide them so I could actually give some to the neighbors!

Even the Nutcracker tried to get one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave a word or two. I would love to hear from ya!