Monday, February 14

a little love


The boys and I made and hand delivered lemon cupcakes

with strawberry icing to several ladies

in the neighborhood.




One was home recovering

from surgery

and the others are widows who live alone.


It was a small gesture to let them know

that someone is thinking of them.


Too often it is easy to get wrapped up

in our own lives

and our own needs

while we forget that there are others,

right next door, who need a little love too!

I think it is important for the next generation

to see genuine love being exhibited daily

in actions and in words,

not in just material goods.


And just as important,

that love is not just to be gathered up and hoarded

but to be shared.




I read 1 Corinthians 13 to the boys tonight


before I tucked them in bed.


The first verse always makes me smile:


If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a


noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.


My husband is a musician and a music teacher.


Over the years, he has a collected a variety of instruments


and believe it or not, we actually have a gong in our basement.

Every time I read that verse,


I think about how true it is


that ‘words with out love’ are like a noisy gong.


That gong is so loud and nerve wracking.


Hmmmm?

Thankfully, the gong is rarely used.

Unfortunately, words lacking in love still escape my mouth.

Reading that passage was a great reminder for us all.


I hope you had a good day and that this week you can find a way to show a little neighborly love.




4 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,
5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,
6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave a word or two. I would love to hear from ya!