Wednesday, January 12

Bromo-Seltzer



I visited the Emerson Bromo-Seltzer Tower in Baltimore
this past weekend with my mother and sister!



I have driven past the tower many times but this was my first time inside!



It has been a Baltimore landmark since it was built in 1911.



It was built by Captain Isaac Emerson,

the inventor of the headache remedy Bromo Seltzer.



The Baltimore Office of Promotions & The Arts is now using the space for visual and literary artists. They have Open Studio days where you can view and purchase works of art. It was great to talk with local artists and see their work.


the view from the 15th floor


a sign



this is me pretending not to listen to the sign

mom

My sister and I picked up a couple prints from this fantastic photographer,

Janet Little Jeffers!

She was so nice to talk to and her photographs are just stunning.

Check out her website.


my mom and my sister


If you do visit, hopefully, you will have the pleasure of talking with Joe.


Apparently, he is going to be famous one day?!

Anyway, Joe is a great story teller and is very passionate about his work at the Bromo-Seltzer Art Tower!

He has some great stories about this building and the original owner!

Thanks, Joe!

****



We ended the evening at the Desert Café for dinner!

I love this place!


They have great tasting, healthy food at affordable prices!

Check out their hummous!!

2 comments:

Go ahead and leave a word or two. I would love to hear from ya!