Friday, May 7

they have no fear

I am not a huge fan of bugs, insects and spiders, but I do try to act relaxed and interested when my boys thrust a crawling lump of legs and such inside the radius of my comfort zone. I “ooo” and “awww” and use my best acting voice and face of total relaxation with out giving away a hint of my palpitating heart and my intense urge to run very far and very fast, with a little squeal to boot! They have no fear. I don’t really mind that charming side of boyhood. Besides, I need them to be my brave knights to rescue the poor, spindly souls that accidentally wander into our house.

Inside the house, the phrase, “Mom, look what I found!” could mean the discovery of a lost game piece. Outside the house, the same phrase takes on a whole new meaning. So, I bought the boys bug boxes in order to encourage them to gently pick up and drop whatever species they find into the clear containers. It was not only to contain their subjects to further study them, but to selfishly protect myself when they run toward me almost tripping with excitement and clutching something wiggly and alive. Here are a couple pictures I bravely shot last summer. Who knows what we will find crawling outside this summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave a word or two. I would love to hear from ya!