Friday, May 14

"Do you know who I am?"

I have a boy who loves hats. We have acquired many hats over birthdays and holidays. Through out the day, he skips past me with a hat on and says, “Do you know who I am?”

I can’t even guess how many hats we have now.

That’s how I feel when I try to count the hats I have worn over some weeks, and sometimes in just a day. Short-order-cook, nurse, secretary, exterminator, teacher, plumber, neighbor, veterinarian, wife, psychologist, wardrobe coordinator, daughter, sister-in-Christ, taxi-driver, a shoulder, an ear, gardener, grand-daughter, friend, nursery attendant, sister, accountant, aunt, seamstress, magician, lion tamer, contortionist, O.K. you get the point!

As women, I am impressed but not surprised how many different hats we wear over a lifetime. The roles we fill and the people we come in contact with require us to juggle and stretch. I pray that you enjoy the hats you are called to wear today and that you can wear them with a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave a word or two. I would love to hear from ya!