Thursday, November 24

being thankful



I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

For those of you who have lost loved ones, I pray that you will remain strong and focus on the positive things that person taught you and try to emulate their best qualities.

To those of you who have loved ones away from home, serving our great country, I say thank you for your incredible sacrifice. I pray too that you would remain strong, ask for support when you need it and find creative ways to stay focused on the tasks at hand.

Ultimately, I have so much to be thankful for, I could write a book. But mostly, I am thankful for a God who loves me and brings me true joy and hope. (Notice that I did not say happiness) For me that is the only reason to wake up in the mornings, kiss my three boys, endure incredible hardships, to forgive myself and others and…….notice and appreciate the little things!

I would encourage you to think of one person to call to encourage today or even to drop off some pumpkin bread.

One small act of kindness has an amazing impact.

Not only on the person receiving but the one giving.

Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave a word or two. I would love to hear from ya!