Thursday, April 8

wooden heart


Yesterday was a rough day for me on many levels. You know the days where you wish you could go back and do it all over, only better. That was my Wednesday. In the middle of my little whirlwind, my sensitive, six-year-old came in from playing outside and gave me something he found ~ a tiny, wooden heart. It barely sat on my finger tip. I don’t know how he even saw it. “It’s a heart! It’s for you, Mommy!”

It reminded me of the song my husband and I used to sing early in our marriage, “Wooden Heart.” Knowing I needed to 'ask kindly' for a little love and needed to show a little love too, I put it on my windowsill as a little reminder. Sometimes it truly is the little things that count. Thanks Mom and brother, Pete for helping out too.

Please show someone a little love today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave a word or two. I would love to hear from ya!