Tuesday, January 17

“This Too Shall Pass” is not passing quick enough



My husband is home, resting and beginning to feel better. It will take him some time for a full recovery but he aims to get back to work in the next day or two. I am so blessed to live close to family. They were a huge help in many, many ways. I could not have made it through without them!

Last night, my middle son tossed his cookies during what should have been my second round of blissful R.E.M. I wish I could say I handled it like Kelly, but it wasn’t too far off.

All morning, I kept thinking, “This Too Shall Pass” is not passing quick enough for me.

The highlight of the day was getting out to pick up some groceries and then coming home to a warm homemade meal that a sweet friend made and dropped off for the family. It is times like these, and usually I am at my weakest, that I feel Christ’s love shown in action through others. Whether it is a phone call, an email, a letter, a meal, even an offer to help, they all add up and it helps me along the way.

If you are ever looking for a way to help a family in need, consider taking them a meal. It truly is a blessing not to have to worry about feeding your family, even if it is one meal, during a stressful time. The love that is felt by that small act of kindness feeds the soul. Here is a good link that has recipes and other great ides for delivering a meal.

Also, below is a very interesting video a friend posted yesterday. Truly inspiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave a word or two. I would love to hear from ya!