Monday, July 4

the 4th

Happy 4th of July!

We spent the 4th with friends, old and new. There was corn on the cob, gilled chicken, hotdogs, watermelon, veggies, chips, pasta, apple pie and ice cream. One of the young girls told me she loved my pasta dish and asked me for the recipe. Yes: bowtie pasta, Italian dressing and grated, parmesan cheese. I know. It was very complicated. She copied the recipe on an index card and took it home. So cute.

Today, I loved hearing the stories exchanged between our friends, singing and playing music together, (Three Bean Salad – it’s a money song!) watching the children laugh while playing twister and hearing the oooh’s and aaah’s as the fireworks lit up the sky.
I really, really love being in a country where I have the freedom to live and worship freely.

I hope you had/have a safe and lovely day!



2010 fireworks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave a word or two. I would love to hear from ya!